When it comes to the lifestyle posts for Southern Mama Guide, I am totally lacking in these posts, yet they are always the most requested when I poll y’all. I’ve decided that I have to start doing a monthly digest of our month we completed. My bff Sarah Tucker does these on her blog and I love them, so she inspired me to get this rolling! I can’t wait to share each month this new type of content!
Following my favorite holiday, cinco de may, we had We Love Homewood Day which is my favorite community event to date! Our neighborhood does a block party and we all get the chance to hang out and catch up. The rained tried to get us down, but we still pulled together a little something.
Maybe the most emotional memory of May is Scarlett finishing kindergarten. I definitely did not expect this to be so tough, but I guess the realization of her not being the youngest at her school anymore made me accept the fact that she is growing up… and is becoming a big girl.
Keeping my emotions high, we also baptized Sheppard on May 12 in my hometown. Such a sweet and special time. You can see more photos from his Sip N See and baptism here. That same weekend we went home to New Orleans to celebrate my childhood friend getting married!
Had a blast at the SEC Baseball tournament in Hoover, Alabama. LSU didn’t end up winning, but they made it to the final four and we’ll now the Tigers are headed to super regionals!
Our Favorite Purchases
1. This super functional and classic looking cooler tote! Scooped this up because I knew we’d need a cooler bag for all our summer adventures. If I am packing up 3 kids for a morning activity, you better believe we are packing an ice chest and covering all the bases so that we don’t have to rush home just to grab lunch. Have used this a few times and it’s perfect for fitting some ice packs, our lunches, and drinks for all of us.
2. Ordered this rechargeable stroller fan for Shep so that he is comfortable strolling his stroller seat during these hot months. Gosh, I worry so much about him overheating, so this fan has been awesome. When I was nursing him the other day, I put this under my nursing cover because he was getting hot under the cover.
3. Stainless Steel water bottle that keeps liquid cold or hot for 24 hrs. I haven’t given it the 24 hr test yet, but so far its kept my water cool on a zoo trip, for field day, and morning strolls. I got the 25 oz bottle because truly, you can’t be too hydrated in the summer months. I need all the motivation to drink more water, especially when nursing.
4. We are slowly but surely finishing Shep’s nursery and ordered these acrylic shelves for his room. They fit perfectly and we can’t wait to start reading to him more when he starts sleeping in his nursery.
5. This pretty sea glass sand bar art on canvas that I found on super sale! Not sure where I will put it just yet, but it was too pretty to pass up for only $22 (I got it on sale).
Top Reader Purchases
1. The cutest casual Denim Tunic Dress that is perfect for everyday summer activities! Perfect for a 2nd trimester (ish) bump too! Super flattering for postpartum and it’s easing to nurse in.
2. The Perfect Jean Shorts (on sale too!) I sized down one and they are so comfy and hide the bum! Y’all loved these too (on sale for $21 – size up one), and it was a close tie!
3. Y’all loved this Waffle Knit Tunic Blouse that is about $10 on amazon. Price does fluctuate when amazon sees a sale doing well and they hike up price, so just keep that in mind.
4. The BEST Rose Gold Sandals for $14, but they get marked down to $10 often.
5. The comfiest Blue and White Kaftan! It’s a tad see through, so best for pool or lake, but I do own this slip and I wear that if I want to wear it to dinner or something.
6. Slipping in one more favorite because it was a tie! This $10 American Flag hat that is perfect for summer!