It is clearly back to school time around the country! We sent our daughter off to her first day of “new” school this morning and it went as smoothly as it could have. Thankfully, we’ve had her in mother’s day out since she was 15 months so both of us are kind of used to what to do and I’ve gotten used to preparing for first days of school. I am no pro, but I wanted to share our essentials for going back to school. There are definitely some great things out there that I just recently discovered that make drop off and lunch preparation so much easier. Like these Bento Lunch Containers that fit perfectly into her Skip Hop Lunch Box– how did I go a whole year without knowing? Hopefully these items I am sharing will help make the school process a little more fun and easy!
1.Skip Hop Cow Lunch Box: We are big fans of skip hop (everything)! Their adorable animal styles/prints makes it so fun! We have been having her cat lunch box for over a year and it has been going strong. I really have my eye on the unicorn one, but I promised myself to get a little more use out of the cat until we order that one. I am so happy with their brand in general and everything holds up so well.
2. Keds Mary Janes for Girls: Closed in shoes are a must at most school programs and we know from experience how well our Keds hold up to the playground. Sure, I need to give a good wash or scrub with the magic marker, but they have held up so well until she outgrows them. Worth every penny!
3. Red Lace Up Keds: These red Keds are just too cute for words! They are unisex, but I used them for my boy pick in shoes. They look precious with any outfit, especially some jon jons! Again, Keds have held up so well on the playground and so nicely made. They have held up until we’ve outgrown them.
4. L.L. Bean Back Pack: This year our school provides a bag for our daughter, but before I knew this I had wanted to order her an L.L. Bean book bag. I grew up using them and just love how classic it is! You also will get years out of these bags as they are made to last! They have lots of fun colors and the monogram option is a big plus!
5. Reusable Silicone Cups: These are so fun to put inside the bento containers when you have several food items that don’t have a place in the box. Perfect for keeping things organized. They can always be used for baking too which is so nice!
6. Spill Proof Sippy Cups: Replay Recycled is my #1 sippy cup I recommend! I have been through them all I assure you, and these have never steered me wrong. They truly do not spill and they are so easy to clean. Three pieces total- the cup, the lid, and the rubber stopper. That is a win when it comes to simplifying your cleaning routine! Their fun/bold colors are a favorite feature of mine. Plus, the container has more coating than other standard cups which gives it somewhat more insulation in keeping drinks cold. I cannot rave enough about them!
7. Bento Lunch Containers: I cannot believe I stumbled across these boxes almost a year later into school. They fit perfectly into the skip hop lunch boxes and it makes it so easy to throw her food in and keep things organized. They are dishwasher safe, colorful, and come in a pack of 4 which gets me through a week of lunches without running out. Huge plus! We love these bento boxes!
8. Lunch Box Ice Pack: This ice pack fits perfectly into oval shaped lunch boxes and square lunch boxes. It makes it so easy to pack and keep her lunch cold! I trusted this pack since it had the highest ratings on amazon, and we’ve been very happy with it so far.
9. Metal Cookie Cutter Set: I cut cheeses, her sandwiches, and some vegetables with these. They are so fun and Scarlett loves to help me while I prepare her lunch.
10. Sandwich Cutter Set: This year we are in a peanut and all nut free facility so no more sending almond butter sandwiches to school. This will be a hurdle I am sure. To get us a little more comfortable with turkey and cheese sandwiches I ordered a bunch of cookie cutters to cut up her sandwiches to make them more appealing to her. I am over doing it in this department, I know, but I am just really trying to get her to eat a nutritious meal since she is such a picky eater. Plus, this makes lunch prep more fun for both of us 🙂
11. Rubber Metal Cookie Cutter Set: Another fun set of cookie cutters with a rubber top for you to choose from!
12. Toddler Utensils: Replay Recycle is a favorite in the utensil department as well. Their forks and spoons hold up so well and the price is spot on. If I lose one, I won’t be too sad to have to order another. I love how affordable their products are for the amazing quality you get.