October is finally here and I think everyone can feel a little less guilty about buying pumpkins, watching Hocus Pocus, and sipping on their pumpkin spiced lattes! I don’t know about you, but I always feel like I jump into a holiday so quickly. It’s an exciting time! There hasn’t been any major holidays since July 4th! I know many of you will be decorating your front porches, carving pumpkins, and looking for Halloween costumes. Hopefully no one is raking leaves just yet! Enjoy your care free weekends a little more 🙂 Speaking of weekends, what is everyone up to this weekend? Don’t have plans yet? No worries, I’ve got 5 out of the box ideas for you to keep things lively and fun! Enjoy your ‘cooler’ weekend friends!
1. Take a Short Road Trip! Is a there a neat place an hour or so away from your home that you’ve been wanting to explore? Don’t wait till fall is in full swing when your weekends get more filled with events, explore now while temps are still warm and not too cold yet!
2. Go Apple Picking! Be sure to bring a blanket for a picnic, a basket for your apples, and your camera for some memorable photos! It’s the perfect fall activity to get you in the spirit. Plus, who doesn’t love being outdoors?
3. Make A Homemade Dessert! Have you been wanting to make homemade ice cream or that perfect cobbler? Run to the store and go grab those ingredients to turn your Friday or Saturday night into something exciting!
4. Camp Out In The Backyard! Most of the southeast is getting a cold front this weekend so it would be a great reason to snuggle in those sleeping bags and make a campfire with smores!
5. Go to a Fair or Festival! Even if the festival has a funny name or ring to it, it could be a really fun experience and you could learn a lot! I know a lot of small towns are proud of their “Butterbean festival” and etc. So, have fun with it and again bring your camera!
Do you have plans with your family this weekend? Do share! And have a lovely weekend!