While it is snowing in most parts of the country today and most of you are probably suffering from this dry air, I figured I’d share a hair mask treatment that is perfect for dry, itchy, winter hair. This dry air sucks all of the moisture out of our bodies this time of year and can be so harsh on your skin. This simple, yet effective hair mask treatment can work wonders and give your scalp some rejuvenation. Our scalp is most often overlooked since we think we have it covered when we wash our hair, but that is not the case. Most shampoos contain harsh chemicals that dry your hair even more which causes build up (flakes). Add the dry air and you’ve got a really irritable scalp situation. Give this easy hair mask treatment a try! The ingredients are simple and you probably have most of it already in your pantry! Plus, I found this mask to really help with frizz, too! Added bonus 🙂
2 Tablespoons of natural yogurt
1 tablespoon of honey
1/4 teaspoon of coconut oil. 1/2 teaspoon for thicker hair.
2 drops of Maeleuca Tea Tree Oil
* I doubled the ingredients since I have really thick and long hair.
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
2. Begin at your roots and massage throughout your hair until it covers your whole head.
3. Cover your hair with a warm towel.
4. Cover with a shower cap to lock in the heat.
5. Let it sit on your head for 20 minutes then wash thoroughly.
Please keep me posted and let me know if you decide to try this mask! I love hearing from y’all!