Let’s kick start this Monday off right and get a little motivation in your day! I engaged y’all in an instagram discussion a few weeks back on how stay at home working mom’s manage it all. I really appreciated everyone’s feedback and decided to compile the advice and add a few things I’ve learned myself. Whether you stay at home, work, or do both these tips for productivity can be very helpful to have a more effective work day!
1. Have a daily and weekly plan each day before the week begins.
~Writing out all of your daily to-do’s and weekly goals will keep you on track.
2. Utilize nap and bed times.
~Working during nap time and accomplishing things you can’t do while your child is awake is important. Conference calls are tricky while your child is tugging at your feet.
3. Take it one day at a time and set daily goals. Have an overall goal for your week to keep you motivated.
~Don’t add more to your plate each day. Try to do one thing at a time and don’t stray from your daily to-do’s!
4. Balance social media.
~Use plugins or websites to schedule posts all beforehand.
~Limit how much time you spend on social media when you are with your children and put your phone in another room to prevent distraction.
5. Put your workspace next to a window or natural light.
~Natural light will keep you energized and will make you feel better about your work conditions. It may even make you excited to go to work.
6. Put a time limit on your tasks.
~Putting a time limit on your tasks can help to actually help you finish and complete them!
7. De clutter your desk place and organize your area.
~Having a fresh and clean space can allow your creative mind to get going!
8. Take the time to read or watch the news.
~Not only does the news keep you in the loop, but it also could inspire your work that day. Sometimes spontaneous posts are the best kind!
9. Celebrate your accomplishments!
~Celebrate your accomplishments big or little and share them with the people in your life.
10. Stop working at a set time everyday, no matter what!
~Your personal relationships are what matter the most in life since they are the ones who support you most in what you do. Make sure to put a time limit on night work especially so you have time for your spouse.
How do you manage it all? Any beneficial tips you would add?