I am so excited to have Amy and Nicole of Smocked Auctions here to share some insight on their business and personal life. Amy and Nicole’s success with Smocked Auctions is truly inspiring and incredible. Their business began in their living room and now has turned into a multi-million dollar business. They have answered some questions below that give some insight on where they started, where they are now, and where their business is going. I hope you enjoy their interview!
1) Congratulations on a very successful business together! As many can see, y’all are one of the leading online shops and auction sites for children’s smocked clothing and accessories. How did this success ultimately change your lives?
2) Tell us a little bit about how y’all chose to become business partners.
3) As working Mothers, how do y’all balance work and home life?
4) Why did y’all choose smocked clothing?
5) I read that y’all’s children were the inspiration for Smocked Auctions. How have they impacted the business?
6) Today, social media is huge and necessary for growing your business. What have y’all found to be the most successful way to promote Smocked Auctions?
7) What advice do y’all have for other Mother’s who are wanting to start their own business and live out their dream?
There is no time like the present. There is never a perfect time to start something. We started this business when we both had two children under the age of three. Our children loved helping us with our business. Every Friday night, we packed packages and every Saturday morning our kids went to the post office with us to mail the packages. We look back on the first year when we worked out of my garage and laugh. If you have an idea, go for it. Passion and drive take you a long way – especially if it is a product or service that you believe in.
The most rewarding part of this business has been the people. Smocked Auctions grew into the company that it has become from amazing people along the way. Our families and friends encouraged us as we started with this little idea. Our customers are the biggest delight of all. We have loved getting to know so many wonderful people across the country as they have shopped with us to outfit their children for special occasions, holidays, and birthdays. We absolutely could not run our business without our amazing team. The first two people we hired to help us with our business were close friends – and they are both still leading the way as our business grows.
Thank you so much Amy and Nicole for being here today to answer some detailed questions about your business and personal lives. I hope the readers enjoyed getting an insight into the creators behind Smocked Auctions. I know your story will inspire other mom’s to live out their dream in doing what they love.